Here are a bunch of miscellaneous, some stupid,
facts about raccoons.
- If you bring a raccoon's head to the Henniker,
New Hampshire town hall, you are entitled to receive $.10 from the town.
- RACCOON MEANS: Curiosity ~ Dexterity ~ Disguise
- The record life span for a captive raccoon is
- Raccoons will over-eat when nursing.
- Baby raccoons are called kits
- According to the sioux, february has a "raccoon
- Raccoons can easily unlock doors
- The heaviest raccoon recorded was 62 pounds.
- The scientific name for raccoon is procyon lotor
- The raccoon is one of the primary rabies carriers.
- There is a fish called "raccoon butterfly
- The sony playstation game Resident Evil 2 takes
place in Raccoon City, but it has nothing to do with raccoons at all.
- Beavis and Butthead once caught a raccoon when
they went couch fishing.
- Raccoons have a keen sense of touch.
- There may be as many as 8,000 raccoons living
in large cities.
- Raccoons never den more than 1,200 feet from
a permanent water source.
- The name raccoon is derived from the indian name
- The Shirt Tails raccoon is named Rick
- Raccoon rhymes with baboon.
- If you give a raccoon a sugar cube, it will first
try to clean it (as raccoons clean all their food before eating it). It
will wash it and wash it until the sugar cube finally dissolves to nothing
- There are 6 species of raccoon in north america.
- Kingdom: animalia
- phylum: chordata
- Class: Mammalia
- Order: Carnivora
- Family: Procyonidae
- Genus: Procyon
- Species: Procyon (pro = before + cyon = dog)
- Raccoons, along with seals, walrusses, and whales,
have penis bones. Back in texas, boys used to give girls the bones as a
form of love charm.