Red's Quiz Answers
Here are the answers to the quiz. In some cases explanation is given
to explain the answer.
- Leaves from a bush
- A hornbill. He is Mufasa's majordomo.
- Fireflies stuck on that great big black thing.
- Rythym of the Pridelands
- No worries
- True, assuming the two main criteria are 'fewest number of humans' and
'natural setting'. Robin Hood has no humans but takes place in a highly
anthropomorphic (human) setting (as do Ducktales: The Movie and A Goofy
Movie); Jungle Book is mostly natural setting but has a main character
(Mowgli) who is human; Bambi takes places in a natural setting and we
never actually see any humans, but we do see their gunshots, hunting dogs,
untended campsites, and their influence on the behavior of the animals.
The Lion King occurs in a natural setting and has no humans or evidence of
- Life's not fair is it?
- Be Prepared
- The surprise in the gully
- In the elephant graveyard chase scene, when Simba claws Shenzi's face
- Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen, It's a small world after all, and
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
- Jeremy Irons
- Timon and Pumbaa
- Timon's hula skirt
- The waterhole
- The elephants graveyard
- Elton John
- Que pasa?
The answers to questions 21 and 24 come from Lion King comics published
by Disney; some doubts have been raised about whether these should be
regarded as "canon" by serious TLK fans (e.g. they give a rather
unsatisfying explanation of the origin of Scar's scar) but these two names
at least have been widely acccepted as "canon".