BE PREPARED UNIT PATCH
Learning about safety:
1. Safety in the home, on the farm, on the road and other familiar areas
2. At home alone - how to answer the door & phone when alone
3. Think & act quickly. First to an accident scene, clothing on fire, arm raised in water
4. Outdoor Safety - lost in the bush
5. Safety with fireworks
6. Fire in your home. How to put it out & how to get out
7. Civil Defence - what is it.
8. Natural Disasters- flood, earthquake etc. Coping afterwards with no power, water, shelter etc
9. What extra things do disabled people need in a disaster?
10. Water safety - pools, beaches, boats. How to wear a lifejacket, rescue a drowning person
11. Place someone in the recovery position.
12. Keep yourself safe on the streets, large crowds with strangers etc