|Cobra 146 GTL|
|1) Lift anode of D-30 and connect a 5.6 uH choke in series.
2) Cut D-32.
3) Cut both traces on the PCB going to the clarifier .
4) Solder one wire to PCB ground.
5) Solder a wire from the other cut trace to an 8 VDC source
(note: 8 volts can be found on the cathode of D-50)
6)This should give you 5 kc of slide.If more slide is wanted then change D-30 to a super slide diode.
|1) Unsolder the UPD2824 PLL chip. This chip can not be modified.
2) Solder a new UPD2816 PLL chip in its spot.
3) Solder a jumper from pin 20 and 21 to ground.
4) Install a SPST switch on the radio.
5) Solder a wire from pin 9 to one side of the switch.
6) Solder a wire from the other side of the switch to ground.
This will give you 27.420 to 27.860
|VR1 S-meter Adjust
VR5 AM Modulation
VR7 RF Power Meter
VR10 AM Power