|** Note **
Its best to do this mod before applying any power to the radio.
1) Remove the back cover.
2) Locate the small circuit board that has the PTT, UP, Down, and Lamp buttons.
3) On the back side of the board, towards the bottom outside edge, you'll see 3 circuit pads
that just end.
4) Solder a jumper across all 3 of these pads connecting them all together.
5) Put radio back together.
You cannot increase the modulation or power on this radio. It doesn't have enough power to do so.
If you already applied power, (battery Pack) you will have to reset the microproccessor on the radio. You will only have to do this once.
1) Remove the battery pack and clip a jumper across the battery termanals.
2) Turn on the power switch.
3) Let the radio sit 1-2 days with the radio switch in the ON position.
4) After 1-2 days, remove the jumper off the battery termenels, but do not turn the switch to
the OFF position!
5) While the radio is still in the OFF position, press and hold down the CH9 button while
sliding on the battery pack. Hold the button down for about 4 seconds.
6) Release the CH9 button.
You now have 400 channels. You can press the CH9 button to change bands. You will need to hold down the CH9 button while turning on the radio to get the extra channels. If you don't, the radio will just operate normally.
|RV1 RF Power Meter
RV2 Squelch Level
RV4 AM Carrier
RV7 Modulation Meter
RV11 13.8 volts
RV12 AM/SSB S-meter
RV14 SSB ALC
RV50 Clarifer Center Adjustment