489 Pinetree Drive, London, Ontario

email: martini489@aol.com   phone: 519-471-4250

The first service of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, London, Ontario was held on Sunday, November 6th, 1955 in the rectory on West Mile Road. By March 1957 the present church building (worship area) was built and was officially opened and dedicated by the the sixth Bishop of Huron, the Rt. Rev. George Nasmith Luxton, on April 20, 1957. In 1963, additions were made which included Congress Hall and a new narthex and cloakroom. as well as the extension of the sanctuary area. An elevator was installed in 1999 making the church wheelchair accessible.

St. Martin-in-the-Fields has a membership of approximately 300.
St Martin's is in the Medway deanery in the Diocese of Huron.
Its rector is the Rev'd Canon Sid Smithson.

St. Martin-in-the-Fields is named after the church in Trafalgar Square in London, England. It is the parish in which Buckingham Palace is situated and is therefore the Parish Church of the Kings and Queens of England. King George I was its first Church Warden.

Our Goals

  • To bring others into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
  • To witness our Christian faith in our community and to the world.
  • To be strengthened by the sacraments of the church.
  • To enable parishioners and others to worship God, both corporately and individually.
  • To provide a spiritual place of worship.
  • To keep in touch, because we care.

Saint Martin

St. Martin was a Roman soldier before he became a Christian and Bishop of Tours (397 A.D.) The painting by El Greco shown above depicts the incident when, having nothing else to give a beggar, he cut his cloak in half and draped it around him. Later Martin had a vision of Christ wearing the part of the cloak which he had given away.


Our Prayer

We do not fear tomorrow
For we know the past
And we love today.

St James the Apostle
Wallaceburg, Ontario

Anglican Church Ring Sites
Bishop Cronyn Memorial Church
London, Ontario