Bad Christian Fruits
Matthew 7:17-20 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know
Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Titus 3:2 Speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
- The Inquisition
- The Crusades
- The Holocaust (in part)
- The death of thousands for 'heresy' by catholics and protestants alike
A selection of oh-so loving quotes from Christians, as well as absurdities.
[ Home | Was There an Historical Jesus? | Authenticity and Reliability of the Bible | Proofs God Exists? | Christian History | Crap Christian Ideas | Contact Me | FAQs | Links | Webrings]
- Note Robert T Lee has refused me permission to quote his site on this page. His page, however, states that democracy is evil, that Atheists are just denying that God exists when they actually do know God exists, that they are demon-possessed, and brackets atheists with paedophiles, stating that Christians should wish the government to kill them. His words can be found at www.tencommandments.org
- "You are the one who opened the door to the Devil, you are the one who first plucked the fruit of the forbidden tree, you are the first who deserted the divine law; you are the one who persuaded him whom the Devil was not strong enough to attack. All too easily you destroyed the image of God, man. Because of your desert, that is, death, even the Son of God had to die." (Tertullian, on women.)
- "Kill them all, God will recognize his own." (Arnald-Amalric, 1208,when asked by the Crusaders what to do with the citizens of Beziers who were a mixture of Catholics and Cathars)
- "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." (George Bush, Senior)
- "The strategy against the American radical left should be the same as General Douglas MacArthur employed against the Japanese in the Pacific . . . blast the individuals out of their power bunkers with hand-to-hand combat. The battle to regain the soul of America won't be pleasant, but we will win it." (Pat Robertson)
- "Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." (Pat Robertson)
- "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" (Jerry Falwell on September 11th) Possibly the most famous one, this. He later retracted the statement.
- "Atheists are indeed immoral. While one person may chose to act immorally by robbing banks, another may act more immorally by initiating evolution." (Unnamed person from http://www.hom.net/~angels/atheism.html)
- "All atheists are bad, have a desire to make people negate their obligation to the laws of God, and work toward the moral destruction of a nation." (same as above)
- "Atheism indeed, reveals it is a crutch for the wicked and weak, as it says it needs proof for the apparent existence of it's adherents' Maker." (same as above) So wanting proof makes you evil? Even the biblical writers felt the need for proof! (Although they used the OT as proof.)
- "There is a tremendous amount of pride and competitive spirit among atheists. The idea is that if we climb over enough people we can get to the top and be the supreme being ourselves." (George Mulfinger cited at www.sounddoctrine.com) Don't know about you, but I don't want to be a god! This site isn't all that bad, it doesn't even compare to some of the other fundy sites!
- "Conversely, formfitting dresses, gauchos and pants, and various forms of
nakedness as "swim suits," shorts, sun suits, bare chests, slit skirts, mini skirts, unbuttoned shirts and blouses, etc., send a message about wrona [sic] inner character...Scripture
associates [dressing like this] with: a fallen nature, drunkenness, demon possession, debauchery, degradation, idolatry, loose morals, being a prisoner, being camal and shameful" (Ronald E Williams cited in www.sounddoctrine.com) The earlier part of the article seems to suggest it is woman's responsibility not to let men lust(!) but the later part also talks about men, to be fair.
- "If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being." (Jerry Falwell.)
- "Sadly, some Christians have been infected with racist thinking through evolutionary indoctrination that people of a different "color" are inferior because they are supposedly closer to the animals." (ChristianAnswers.net) Sounds like they're passing the buck, to me...perhaps they should read the comments made by Christians about non-caucasian people before Darwin wrote...maybe they'd learn something!