* Basic Xylophone Building is explained by Elemental Design
* Support for Tuning Balafons, you can find on the Djembe-L FAQ
* Make a Driftwood Marimba, explained by Bart Hopkin
* How to Make a Dulcimer, you can find out on Dennis Havlena's website,
together with a Kalimba and other funny instruments.
* Another fun idea, is to make a Bicycle Bell Glockenspiel. Find as many bike bells as you can get and check the sound; it is better to have an instrument with three pure bells than with eight, where one sounds a bit off. Make sure the bells are not rusty. Sort them out from low to high and find screws to fit the bells (take the bells to a hardware shop, to find the correct sizes). Then put the screws into a plank at a distance of app. 5 cm from each other. Mount them with bolts, after which you screw the bells on. Then nail two side pieces onto the plank (like the letter 'H'), so that it can stand up straight. Because of the screwing mechanism, the instrument is demountable as well. Play this Glockenspiel with metal sticks or long nails.