||BROWSE & BUY||
The Twilight Dynasty Mythos
"Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" is the first book in a series of supernatural thrillers that introduces the reader to a world that stretches from the time of ancient Atlantis, to the present day... and thereafter into a prophetic future.
See the rise of the Twilight Dynasty, and tremble!
Don't miss the start of this blockbuster saga that takes the age-old battle of good and evil to its ultimate conclusion.
Not for the weak of heart!
Latest News Print Media Radio Appearances Speaking Tour More
News and Views from the Author:
- It's taken longer than expected, but "Twilight Dynasty: Temporal Justice" has been completed. My New Year's Resolution is to have it published this year. Does it continue the story begun in "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil"? In one way, it does; but, it is also a self-contained novel unto itself. And it stars... ah, but that would be telling :)
- "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" has been listed on the SF Site. Check out my Review Page for the details!
- The Muskokan, Muskoka's Summer Newspaper, has posted a review of "Twilight Dynasty" in their current issue. An excerpt has been posted on my Review Page. You've gotta read this one. The title of the article is "Ritual Murder and Dirty Sex". If that doesn't grab one's attention, nothing will :)
- My radio appearance on 99.1 CHRI-FM, Ottawa, Ontario is currently being re-scheduled from an earlier date. I'll keep you advised when a firm date has been arranged.
- The issue of the Twilight Dynasty newsletter just went out to my 70+ subscribers. The monthly newsletter includes a brand new short story every month as well as other informative articles. If you'd like to be added to this free subscription list, simply enter your name and email address in the newsletter sign-up box on the Author's Page. (As always, this information is kept strictly confidential and is not shared with any other persons.)
- I've just been interviewed by the Norwegian SciFi/Fantasy site, Science Fiction and Fantasy World. I'm sure their readership will be thrilled to hear about Twilight Dynasty's Scandinavian beauty, Tanya Jensen. You can check out my Science Fiction and Fantasy World interview by clicking . To visit their home page and check out all the other cool SciFi/Fantasy stuff, go to: http://www.sffworld.com
- Guess who will be chronicling the adventures of a real life super model? More on this exciting serialized feature will be posted as the project develops.
- I'm pleased to announce that the prestigious firm of Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists will be promoting "Twilight Dynasty" in the months to come. The twilight realm will soon be insinuating bookstores and airwaves far and wide, so be prepared for the onslaught. ("Huntsville Horror" repellent is now available in a Twilight Curio Shop near you! :)
TWILIGHT CHARACTERS STRIKE OUT ON THEIR OWN:
- One of the characters from "Twilight Dynasty" has struck out on his own, and is featured in a story entitled "A Siren's Cry" in the October/November 2000 Issue (#15) of Blue Murder Magazine. The magazine is free, so look for "A Siren's Cry" in the archives while checking out this hot genre webzine by clicking on the insignia below...
(Note: Subscribers to my Twilight Dynasty Newsletter will receive this
story with their free newsletter.
Go to the Author's Page to sign up!)
- Click HERE for
the Scarborough Mirror's article on the author! Watch for further upcoming
articles to appear in the Niagara Falls Review and The Windsor Star, amongst
other newspapers. Check out this page for more news releases as they occur.
The excitement is building.
- The Law Times has posted an interview with the Lawyer/Author in their "Public Inquiry" feature. Check it out at PUBLIC INQUIRY!
- My most recent radio appearance was on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 10:00 AM/EST on KJAK-FM, Lubbock, Texas.
- Thursday, July 5, 2001 at 10:30 PM/EST, I was on the
Don and Carla Show, Webcast radio,
www.donandcarla.net, discussing "Myth, Image & Symbol". Carla's training in hypnotherapy coupled with my past life regression experience made for a very interesting and informative show.
- On Thursday, May 24, 2001, I had a great time with host Todd Friel and his call-in listeners on “Talk the Walk Radio,” KTIS-AM in St. Paul, Minnesota. If you caught the show and have further questions for Yours Truly, don't be shy. Email me, and I'd be glad to answer any further questions that you may have on the various topics discussed, including reincarnation, past life regression, the "quantum leap" of spiritual evolution, and other such topics.
- Monday, May 14, 2001 at 5 PM (PST), I was the guest on KPXQ-AM, Phoenix, Arizona for the Drive Home show.
- On April 24th, 2001, I was on the nationally syndicated Weissbach The Quest. The show included an interview as well as a call-in segment. You can check out The Quest web site at: http://www.weissbachthequest.com
- On April 19, 2001, I was the guest on "Morning Line" with host, Meagan McKinney, on CJOK-CFM, 93.3, in Fort MacMurray, Alberta. Hope all you westerners enjoyed the show.
- On Easter Monday, April 16, 2001, at 5:15 p.m. (EST), I was featured on CKTB-FM's "Drive at Five" show which is broadcast throughout the Niagara area on 105.7 FM. Since part of the action in "Twilight Dynasty" takes place in the Niagara peninsula, one of my favourite areas of Ontario, I really enjoyed visiting with host Larry Fedoreck and his Niagara listeners.
- On April 11, 2001, I was on the "Breakfast Club" show at WCUB-AM, Manitowac, Wisconsin (at 9:00 am CST) with host Lee Davis. We had a great time talking about everything from the "Twilight Dynasty" television and movie rights to the prophesied rising of Atlantis. To all my Wisconsin friends who have surfed here from the WCUB-AM website, be sure to read Chapter One of "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" on this site. Then, slip over to the "Browse & Buy" page to check out your options for ordering this truly unique journey into the unknown.
- April 11, 2001 was a busy day for yours truly. I was also the guest on Melanie Brown's "Reactive Interaction" on CHRW-FM in London, Ontario. The show was aired both at 6:30 a.m. and p.m. I hope all listeners in the London area, and those who tuned in via the internet, enjoyed the discussion of Past Life Regression -- the benefits and the pitfalls.
- On March 23, 2001, I was featured on WMUZ-FM 103.5 in Detroit, Michigan. I talked about everything from Horror to Horoscopes.
- Hello to all my new friends in Kamloops, B.C. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview with Peter Olsen of CHNL-AM which aired March 12th, 2001 on his "Morning Drive Show"! Hope I didn't scare any drivers into the ditch with the cautionary tale of my spiritual journeys as fictionalized in "Twilight Dynasty".
- The author conducted a speaking tour of some
of the Rotary Clubs in the Toronto area in 1999 and 2000. Rotarians are excited
by this book and the opportunity that it affords to raise funds for Rotary's
Polio Plus campaign. "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" was featured in the
September 2000 issue of The Rotarian Magazine.
- I spoke to my friends at the Rotary Club of North Scarborough on November 17th, 1999 and shared with them the genesis of the "Twilight Dynasty" concept, my lifelong love of writing, and the publishing process. The meeting ended with a question period and book signing. Many of my friends at North Scarborough Rotary have told me that they thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil". One member wanted telephone numbers for some of the long legged lovelies who are featured in "Twilight Dynasty".
- On January 5, 2000 at 7:00 a.m. I spoke to the early risers at the Markham Sunrise Rotary Club. They had their resident psychologist present, who has himself been exposed to past life regression techniques. After a blitz of questions, the club members purchased copies for themselves and, in some cases, for their teenaged children, some of which are "Anne Rice" fans. In my opinion, Rice's vampires wouldn't stand a chance against the "Huntsville Horror". Any opinions from other "Rice" fans?
- On February 3, 2000, I spoke to the Agincourt Rotary Club. I received a very warm welcome from the Club, and wish them all the best! If you'd like to find out more about the Toronto and surrounding district Rotary clubs, check out the following Web site: Rotary District 7070.
- I spoke to the Scarborough Rotary Club on March 21st, 2000, a club of about 70 members, and the home club of 2000/2001 District Governor (District 7070), Mike Cooksey. I was once again peppered with questions, mostly centering on the past life regression aspect of the story.
- I was very warmly received by the Scarborough Bluffs Rotary Club on April 18th, 2000. The Bluffers purchased a copies, in some cases multiple copies, of the book, demonstrating their overwhelming support for Rotary's Polio Plus campaign as the sales of "Twilight Dynasty" will contribute to the elimination of polio worldwide.
- If you are a member of a Rotary or other service club and are looking for an interesting speaker, kindly feel free to drop me an email.
ROTARY T.V. AUCTION
- All residents of Scarborough and Pickering Ontario,
who were watching Shaw Cable 10 on the evenings of November 26th and 27th,
1999 were treated to an advance viewing of "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil".
The author was one of the auctioneers on the 27th. All four donated copies
of "Twilight Dynasty" fetched good prices, helping the Rotary Club of North
Scarborough to raise about $60,000 for its charitable programs, including
its support of the Centenary Health Centre.
- The author made a return engagement to the Rotary TV Auction which was telecast by Rogers Cable on December 1st and 2nd, 2000. The Rotary Club supported the Scarborough Hospital (formerly Scarborough General and Scarborough Grace Hospitals), and raised about $55,000 for this and other charitable causes. Twilight Dynasty Inc. was proud to be a donor for a second straight year for this very worthwhile project.
- The Rotary Club of North Scarborough has since completed its 2001 and 2002 TV Auction, raising about $60,000.00 per year to be used in its charitable projects. Check out the Rotary Club's new website for further details by clicking HERE.
SUPPORT OF CHARITABLE WORKS:
- As mentioned above, sales of "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" will help to eradicate polio worldwide? Polio is still a crippling childhood disease in much of the third world; but, Rotary International is on target to stamp out polio by its 100th anniversary in 2005. $1.00 from the sale of each copy of "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" will be donated to Rotary's Polio Plus campaign. You can be part of the solution!
(Click the Rotary banner above to find out more about Polio Plus)
- "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil" is now available for purchase. Check out our Browse & Buy Page for further details and direct links to secure Internet bookstores.
THE STORIES BEHIND THE STORY:
- Want to know more about the villain's "patron
god" Belial, referred to in the introductory sacrifice scene? Want to know
more about the author's Atlantean incarnations? Why is "Twilight Dynasty"
a story for the "seeker" in all of us? Check out the exclusive Author Interview
on our Interview
Page. Scary stuff!
- The mock-up cover to the left was the Author's
original conception for the cover of "Twilight Dynasty: Courting Evil".
It features Tanya Jensen, the "White Witch", who is introduced in Chapter
One. The Publisher thought that this cover would not appeal to all potential
readers. The Author agreed and decided to shelve his career as a cover artist
and stick to writing.
Did you know that the "Magic" cat that appears in "Twilight
Dynasty" is based on the author's two real life cats... Felix and Magic?
Both cats enjoy Halloween. They roam the neighbourhood looking for witches
to familiarize themselves with.
- Twilight Dynasty is partly set in the Muskoka Lakes area of Canada.
Camp Lake, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.
These dark and foreboding waters are the scene of much of the action in Twilight Dynasty
- If you're
intrigued by the mystic, by wicca, or by Mythic Naturalism TM, you'll love both the representation
of the beautiful Tanya Jensen, "The White Witch", in "Twilight Dynasty:
Courting Evil" as well as the Art of Jonathon Earl Bowser, a sample of which
is provided to the left. After bookmarking this site, take a journey through
the Fantastic Gallery of Jonathon Earl Bowser. Use the link on our Links & Rings
Page. (TM Jonathon
- The Second Installment of the Twilight Dynasty
Mythos is already through its first draft. If you like Book One, you'll
love... "Twilight Dynasty: Temporal Justice", expected to be released next
- There's a serial killer on the loose in Muskoka who specializes in murdering beautiful women. A lovely, red-headed reporter is on his trail. Unfortunately, she may become the story that she's set out to write.
- Gripping suspense, with a supernatural twist when you least expect it. Make sure your affairs are in order before entering the pages of "Temporal Justice".
("Temporal Justice" is copyright 1999 by Barry H. Smith)
|HOME||READ CHAPTER ONE||ABOUT THE AUTHOR||INTERVIEW WITH AUTHOR||BROWSE & BUY||REVIEWS||VISIT OUR GUESTBOOK||RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE|