COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
The COMPASSION EVANGELISTIC TEAM initiates and undertakes community development projects that are aimed at teaching the people to be self-reliant so as to be able to help themselves and others.
Our community development projects includes the following
1. Health, Medical and Sanitation: Under this venture we educate the rural poor on good health practices, the role of family planning as a health factor in community development, HIV/AIDS awareness creation and preventive measures.
2. Farming and Agro-Processing: The 21st century is presenting the world with major challenges in agriculture production. The rural poor who forms the bulk of the world’s population always finds it difficult crossing the informational gap to have adequate access to information regarding modern good farming practices. Wings of Love strive to bridge the information gap by making available at the doorsteps of the rural poor information regarding good farming methods, more yielding crops and also helps them initiate agro processing ventures to add value to their farm produce.
3. Creating small scale industries: We believe there will not be any meaningful development without the ability to develop and establish Small Scale Industries that help the rural poor produce some of the products they need regularly thereby creating jobs for the youth. We do our best to identify ventures that will serve the mutual interest of both the community and the investor.
4. Establishing Libraries: Vital Information, the key to sustainable development is lacking in many African Communities. We try to address this situation by providing libraries for communities and donate books to school libraries especially those in the rural communities.
5. Providing recreational facilities for the youth of low-income communities. The U.N convention on children clearly gives and established the right of children to play. Many children in developing countries are denied this very important right. CET will always seek to address these issues.
6. Providing Quality education opportunities for the innocent children that find themselves in the deprived communities we reach. In many communities Wings of Love have visited children have to walk several miles in other to attend school. The smaller kids have to wait and grow till they can really make the daily journey to school on their own. This has resulted in many kids not been able to make it to school at all. We work with the communities to provide quality education for the innocent children whose desire is to go to school.
7. Providing training opportunities though the establishment of Vocational and Trade learning institutions.
8. Working in partnership with other like minded organizations that seeks to improve the living conditions of all mankind
These projects and programs will always be designed to improve on the general quality of life in the communities in which they are situated.
|Webmaster: Joseph Kebbie|
|AIMS AND OBJECTS|