|Style, Scholarship, Service and Success|
Pageant University is a new program of intensive training for young women interested in pageantry in the NorthEast. Do you have the talent, style and skill to enter, but just not enough of that extra something to pull off a win? With a staff of handpicked pageant, fitness, style, academic and skill specific coaching staff, Pageant University is your way to achieving that dream of a local, state or national title. Staff members come from all walks of life and have a combined pageant experience of over 100 years in the industry creating winners. Pageant University focuses on Miss America, Miss USA, Mrs Pageants and Teen Academic programs like Coed and National Teenager.
And remember! This is the year the RED SOX win the World Series!!!!!
With over 30 years experience in the pageant industry, I have held over 10 local, state and national titles. I am listed with Turn for the Judges and EPIC and have judged over ten state and local pageants this past year.
I am the current Massachusetts State Queen and Boston City Queen for the Ms American Rose Pageant System as well as Ms New England America Ambassador 2004, Ms Spirit of America 2004, and Ms Pageant Gal America 2005. I am also “Dean” of Pageant University©, an intensive one day training camp for young ladies in the Miss America, USA, Mrs. Pageant Systems, Jr. Miss, National Teenager and other academic programs.
My life has been one of outreach and personal commitment to volunteering. From a very young age where I worked as a camp counselor to underprivledged children to creating food drives thru my involvement with a girls group I have felt compelled to make my small world a better place. Imagine if we all took that view, what mountains we could move!
Presently I am committed to an active platform of community service. My personal outreach program will find me spending anywhere from 4-20 hours a week throughout the community promoting my platform and doing volunteer work.
My personal platform is called "Voluntithing - 10% Returns Ten-Fold". Voluntithing is the ability to donate 10% of your work week to your own personal passion and commitment to helping others. Whether through fundraising or hands on community service, if we each pitched in 4 hours a week, the world would be a better place. I am always available to speak to schools, church and community groups on how best to meet the needs of your community.
After September 11th, I organized the charity program called 10,000 Angels, in which Angel quilt squares from all over the world were collected and made into a huge quilt to be given to the City of New York. Recently, under my tutelage one of my quilt groups designed and made a memory quilt in honor of a murdered child which was given to her parents. The quilt you saw on the nationally televised Mrs. America Pageant on PAX TV this past October was an original idea of mine shared with the pageant organizers. This past month I organized and created the "Quilt for Kate" a comfort quilt made for a terminally ill young woman in the local area. In addition to that, the majority of my quilts are donated to local non-profits for fund raising.
On a personal level I am actively involved with the Cancer Relay for Life as my sister in law is terminally ill and I also spend time with a special needs friend and understand the importance of tolerance and acceptance in our community for those who are different. My husband is handicapped and I lobby for recognition of the issues in trying to live a mobile normal life for those with disabilities. I advocate the community for "chirper lights" at busy intersections where visually impaired people will need to cross the streets.
In the past year I have proactively worked my personal platform, being actively involved with Habitat for Humanity, Support the Troops efforts, SHARE Food, Diabetes, ALS and MDS. Recently I rang the bell for the Salvation Army, donated time to Teen Challenge, Casa Myrna Vasquez (a Boston Women’s Shelter), handed out free reading books to inner city children as part of my “Mother Goose” campaign, appeared at several fashion shows, facilitated the donation of Easter Baskets to the Boston Family Homeless Shelter, helped raise over $5000 for the Mass Chapter of ALS and as well as “Walking the Charles River” to raise funds for Boston’s Children’s hospital. During my tenure with both Stream International and Fidelity Investments, I chaired the department volunteerism committees and was responsible for seasonal charity drives and fund raisers. In our department we had several members of the National Guard deployed and were able to supply overseas troops with almost a hundred cartons of much needed items over a two year period. We also adopted over 200 children during the Christmas seasons thru the Interfaith Social Service bureau and were able to make their holidays happy ones.
I may joke about being the oldest pageant person around, having survived from the 60’s, tiara intact, and refer to myself as the Grand Dame of Pageantry but my biggest dream is still to sing the National Anthem at a Boston Red Sox Game.
Please remember the children at www.makeachildsmile.com
And our troops overseas. You can send them a message at: http://anyservicemember.navy.mil/
And the Support our Troops webpage at: http://www.boomspeed.com/gbusa/
Help support Casa Myrna Vasquez: http://www.casamyrna.org/
I am also looking for a list of former Miss Merrimack Valley's. If you were one or know of one, please email me. Prior to being called Miss Merrimack Valley, the pageant was known as Miss Methuen.
SCROLL DOWN FOR LINKS AND OTHER GOOD STUFF!
Some of my pageant and other past includes:
Pageant Titles and Experience
* Miss Wollaston 1971
* Miss Weymouth 1972
* Miss Weymouth 1973
* Miss Merrimack Valley 1974
* Finalist to Miss Massachusetts - America 1973
* Finalist to Miss Massachusetts - America 1974
* Pageant Director for Little Miss Weymouth 1972, 1973, 1974
* Finalist to Miss Coast Guard 1974
* 1st Runner up to Mrs Essex County 1975
* Pageant Director for Miss Merrimack Valley 1975 - 1983
* Pageant Director Miss Forest Lake 1977
* Mrs Salem 1978
* Mrs New Hampshire 1978
* Pageant Director Mrs Vermont 1978
* Pageant Director Mrs New Hampshire 1979
* Mrs Greater Lawrence 1979
* 1st runner up to Mrs Massachusetts 1979
* Mrs Methuen 1982
* 2nd runner up to Mrs Massachusetts 1982
* Mrs Merrimack Valley 1983
* 4th runner up to Mrs Massachusetts 1983
* Ms American Rose 2004 Boston City Queen
* Ms Spirit of America 2004
* Ms New England America Ambassador 2004
* Ms Pageant Gal America 2005
* Pageant Director Miss Merrimack Valley 2005 MAO
* Pageant Director Miss North Shore 2005 MAO
* Massachusetts State Queen 2005 Ms American Rose
* Pageant Judge at Miss Mall of New Hampshire 1980
* Pageant Judge at Mrs Massachusetts America 1981
* Pageant Auditor at Mrs Massachusetts America 1984
* Pageant Judge Miss Merrimack Valley 1994
* Pageant Judge Miss Greater Boston 1994
* Pageant Judge Miss Suffolk County 1994
* Pageant Judge Mrs New Hampshire America 2003
* Pageant Judge Mrs Massachusetts America 2003
* Pageant Judge Mrs Delaware America 2003
* Pageant Judge Miss New York Teen USA 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss Merrimack Valley MAO Prelim January 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss North Shore MAO Prelim January 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss NH Jr National Teenager February 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss MA Jr National Teenager February 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss NH National Teenager February 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss MA National Teenager February 2004
* Business Manager Miss Bay State (MAO) 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss New York American Coed Pageant August 2004
* Pageant Judge Miss New Hampshire Teen USA 2005
* Pageant Judge Miss New Hampshire USA 2005
* Scheduled to Judge Miss New York USA November 2004
Awards and Honors
* Graduate of Quincy College
* Attended Eastern Nazarene College
* Attended Katharine Gibbs School
* Named to Outstanding Young Women of America three consecutive years
* Recipient of Music and Art Scholarships
* Performed with community and professional theatre companies
* Owned and designed a successful children's clothing line
* Award top honors for my textile designs
* Exhibitor Fidelity Arts and Crafts show 2001 & 2003
* Former Chairperson Stream Volunteerism Committee
* Former President - Salem Professional Women's Club
* Member of the African American Quilters Group on Yahoo
* Member of the Princess Diana Doll Club on Yahoo
* Member of the Saturday Afternoon Doll Club - Burlington, MA
* SHARE Food program
* Hosted local cable TV program "The Show"
* Appeared on TV's Jeopardy
* Appeared on Boston TV's People Are Talking
* Appeared on Boston TV's Good Day Show
* Appeared on TV's Rosie O'Donnell Show
* Former Foster Parent and Big Sister
Former Miss Merrimack Valley's
* 1967 Anne Lacey
* 1968 Cecille Pellitier
* 1969 Vivian Joubert
* 1970 Kathleen Ann LeBlanc
* 1971 Phyllis Belostock
* 1972 Leona Comtois
* 1973 Elizabeth Ann Matthews
* 1974 Judith Ann Lavoie
* 1975 Lisa Marie Bell
* 1976 Deborah Guastella
* 1977 Janice Avery Ould
* 1980 Amy Linder
* 1981 Deborah Salois
* 1983 Holly Mayer
* 1984 Carol Luskitoff
* 1990 Tammy Ivers-Aspell
* 1993 Joanne Roman
* 1997 Nicole Lee Pajer
* 1998 Joanne S. Tobias
* 2004 Valerie Amaral
Thanks for stopping by!
Phenomenal Women Of The Web®
|My Favorite Links:|
|Miss Quincy Bay Scholarship Organization|
|Miss Massachusetts Message Board|
|Please email me if you need a pageant judge!|